The Naval Academy
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
The faculty aims at people who are devoted to the modern world and its dynamics. Students who choose our programs will be able to gain knowledge in globalization, international security, world history, modern political systems and the foundations of economy. After graduation students will have acquired a huge variety of skills and abilities, such as: analyzing political phenomena and effective support of decision making processes of international organizations. Dynamic changes in the international relations, current conflicts and intensified globalization prompt international and economic enterprises to require experts who master that kind of knowledge.
Bachelor Level, specialisation:
• State security in XXI century
• Local government in the states of UE
Master Level, specialisation:
• Analysis of international relations (practical profile)
The army in the system of public service
Bachelor Level – Only one in Poland!
The faculty as part the Polish Naval Academy constitutes a part of the system of public service dedicated to people who take interest in military and civilian affairs. The students will be able study and acquire knowledge in the fields of military security of the state, armed forces and their role in the public system. Specialized modules will provide our students with comprehensive knowledge of military systems. These modules provide as well for soft skills, like effective team working. Students will be familiarized as well with the main legal regulations in Poland and the European Union. Our graduates will become attractive candidates for their future employers as an analysts, logistic and administrative experts and skilled staff at civil and army institutions. At the same time they will be enabled to serve at all levels of the security system of the state that cooperate with the armed services. Thus, this faculty provides for a combination of programs that are unique in Poland!
The faculty as part the Polish Naval Academy constitutes a part of the system of public service education dedicated to people who take interest in special nursery- education, resocialization or prophylactic of care and upbringing. They student will be able to employed in institutions like: community centre for children and for adults, educational institution and centers and take part in pedagogical therapy. Moreover, they can look for a job in local government institutions and educational administration.
• Special nursery- education
• Military education and resocialization
• Integrated preschool education.
• social pedagogy (practical profile)
Bachelor Level, practical profile
The faculty as part the Polish Naval Academy constitutes a part of the system of public service dedicated to people who take interest in defense and marines education or education for Pomerania. Specialized modules will provide our students with comprehensive knowledge of marine's institutions and local government. As a practical profile we offer an opportunity to get an experience in different marines fields. Students will be familiarized as well with the rules of marine's branches and sea policy in Poland and the European Union. They will be able to improve their skills and practical knowledge thanks to some agreements signed by Faculty with Sea institutions and organisations like.
Recognition of foreign certificates and diplomas
The candidate who has got a foreign mature certificate can seek admittance to Academy like a Polish candidates with old mature certificate.
To the certificate foreigner should enclose also the professional translation made by state-registered translator and the nostrification confirmed by the school superintendent.
The documents accepted on the base of international regulation needn't be nostrificated.
The candidate who has graduated studies abroad can seek admittance to Academy on the Master level like Polish citizens.
The diploma which confirms the graduation requires to studies abroad also gives right to continue the Master level in Poland on the base of international law.
The diploma confirmed the graduation abroad gives the candidates the right to take up studies on the Master Level in Poland if the same document also gives them right to continue the Master level in their own state. In this case the diploma is recognized according to the Article 191a paragraphs 3 and 4 the bill from 27 July 2005 - Law on Higher Education.
In the case when the graduation diploma neither gives right to continuation studies in the state of issuance nor is accepted on the base of the international regulations this document can be accepted in Poland after the nostrification procedure in accordance with Polish legal regulations.
A recruitment process
A recruitment process for all those candidates, who are entitled to studies like Polish citizens, is done by electronic system Electronic Registration Candidates (ERK). Registration and login are available on the website at:
• Before registration to ERK and putting on the marks to the system the foreign candidates should keep contact with the competent recruitment commission. The recruitment commission should convert the marks into points in accordance with the AMW system;
• If the foreign candidate who doesn't have PESEL number, is asked to be in touch with the competent recruitment commission. The foreign candidate will get a temporary number which will be used during recruitment procedure.
The following documents are required...
• Hand - written signed standardised form of application printed from ERK website;
• Officially authenticated copy of matura document or the nostrificated higher education diploma of BA level.
• Nostrificated certificate (the nostrification isn't required when the certificated is recognised on the base of international agreement.
• confirmation in the form of legalisation or apostille of the document was issued by the institution in the education system as the Geneva Convention participant from the 5th October 1961 in accordance with the requirements of the act;
• certified translation of certification and confirmation into Polish;
• copies of passport and other documents entitle to studying in Poland officially authenticated by University
• The student's statement about studying in Academy without making any payments
• 3 (three) photos of candidates in accordance with the requirements of official documents' standards
The dates of enrolment:
Standard enrolment intramural studies
The beginning of registration: 06.06.2016
The end of registration: 29.07.2016
Documents acceptance: 01-05.08.2016 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The announcement the list of accepted candidates: 12.08.2016
Place of filing documents: The main building of the Library of AMW phone +48 58 261 26 28 12
Standard enrolment extramural studies
The beginning of registration: 06.06.2016
The end of registration: 16.09.2016
Documents acceptance: 19-21.09.2016 from 9 a.m. to2 p.m.
The announcement the list of accepted candidates 23.09.2016
The place of filing documents: The main building of the Library of AMW phone +48 58 261 26 28 12
800 € /for one term – intramural studies
480 € /for one term extramural study